Welcome to Teeth Whitening Manchester
Our trusted Manchester Cosmetic Dentists provide the highest standards. All methods of whitening including the latest hi tech laser and bleaching techniques are available.
Teeth whitening is a large industry and growing rapidly. It is essential to get the correct advice and treatment.
There are many small clinics opening up and a number of these may be very good. However it is important to remember a few of these may be lower quality. Our Manchester based surgeons have the finest reputation in the cosmetic dentistry field. They have years of experience and state of the art facilities to make your treatment painless and issue free. Some people prefer to order kits off the internet. We cannot say these methods do not work or are dubious, we would only recommend the expert advice of quality dentists.
All trusted Manchester Cosmetic Dentists listed here are registered with the General Dental Council. This is essential for the dentist to be able to perform teeth whitening in the UK.
If you would like a call back for a free consultation, please fill out the form to the right for your options
Laser Teeth Whitening Manchester
Types of Teeth whitening
A question asked by a number of people is what form of bleaching should they use. It can seem confusing at first glance however the options are quite straight forward despite all the words. So, where do we start.
Also known as bleaching, tray whitening is the most common method of tooth whitening currently available. This involves the application of hydrogen peroxide or carbamide applied to a custom made mouth guard or as a gel. Due to the high concentration of hydrogen peroxide/carbamide used in this process, the gums must be protected. The process is not dangerous but can burn the gums if exposed. This process normally takes around 8 sessions of an hour. This can be completed at home after the first session to create the mouthguard.
Commonly known as laser, which is an older technique, power assisted whitening has similar more modern techniques such as plasma arc, LED or Halogen. Hydrogen peroxide gel is applied to the teeth and the light is shone on it perform a chemical reaction. This normally takes 30 minutes to two hours. A gum shield is put around the mouth while the laser is applied.
Mixture of above
Some forms of power whitening involve a power assisted session followed by home treatments of tray whitening.
Tray whitening is cheaper than power whitening due to the equipment required and the speed factors.
Teeth Whitening Manchester
Laser Teeth Whitening
Laser teeth whitening, also known as power whitening, is a technique widely used by dentists today to whiten teeth from any yellow discoloration. With this technique, a bleaching product is painted onto your teeth and then a light or laser beam shone onto the teeth to activate the whitening.
This form of treatment is so much in demand as it deals with problems such as tooth decay, gum disease, and teeth whitening. The treatment has gained extreme popularity from different parts of the world because of what it has to offer.
The process is used to brighten the teeth without any complications. No removal, cutting or etching on your dental enamel takes place. A professional dentist performs the brightening with the aid of active oxygen which decolorizes the destructing color pigments present in the tooth.
The Whitening Process
– First, the gums are covered using a unique rubber compound which is done to protect them from the bleaching agent.
– Chemical products are used to activate a whitening product in Laser Whitening System. There is a red pigmented whitening gel, specially created for laser use. A hydrogen peroxide gel designed only for use with the laser is used.
– First, the teeth are cleaned, and the actual color grading of the patient is determined. Gums are covered by use of a special rubber to avoid sensitivity issues that may arise from the laser effect.
– A syringe is used to apply the whitening gel over all the frontal surface of the teeth, with a 2mm thickness.
– The applied gel is then activated using the laser hand piece beam in proximity. The bean is passed over the whitening gel repeatedly to remove all traces of discoloration.
Depending on the new color grading of the patient, they are then advised to avoid staining with liquid beverages and food.
A sparkling smile is a hallmark of health and beauty. That said, there are many advantages of whitening the teeth by use of the laser, and these benefits include the following;
1. Simple Procedure – It is a quick and straightforward procedure and does not involve a long surgical process to whiten teeth.
2. Speed – The major advantage of this method is speed. The procedure can be done in a span of less than an hour, a far quicker process as compared to any other method.
3. It is a non-invasive treatment – This means it does not cause pain or bleeding during and after the session is done.
4. There is no anesthesia required to this treatment, as the treatment is the least painful among the different teeth whitening methods.
5. Immediate Visible Results – After the procedure, results are evident as the treatment works against the irritating and stubborn stains.
If you are considering to use this method to white your teeth, then you need to know about the different disadvantages that exist. These disadvantages include the following;
1. High cost involved – The procedure is one of the most expensive treatments that offer immediate results.
2. In some cases, some patients claim to suffer from tooth sensitivity after the procedure. The best way to work out on this issue is to consult with your dentist before the process.
Tea, red wine, coffee, tobacco and the natural aging of the teeth turn them darker or stain them over time. You can aid in keeping your teeth white by cutting on the quantity of foods and drink you take that can stain teeth. Smoking also contributes to tooth discoloration, and it is advisable to stop the habit. Make use of a fluoride toothpaste to brush your teeth often. Cut down on how often you take sugary foods and drinks and visit your dentist often for checkup and recommendation.